We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving day with our good friends the Hansens. After the rush and bustle of our UT visit and all the cousins and kiddos it was definitely mellow!
My boys had been sick the day before, so both of them were a little off their game. Sandy was especially confused. He thought he was hungry until we gave him food. Then he was immediately done. So classic.
Here he is begging for all the food he really didn't want to eat
Caryn and I split up the dishes, so we both only had to bring a few things. And Kris and I ordered a smoked turkey from a local restaurant. We only had to reheat it which was so nice. The food was yummy.
And then there's Max and Emily. That's a whole other thing right there. Kind of scary when they get together. Luckily there's that whole girl-boy element, so they can't team up against us too much yet.
Oy.
Sandy suddenly decided that his new favorite picture face is squeezed shut eyes.
The grown up and the semi grown up table. Sandy calls Nick (at the end of the table) Ning. Love it.
Yes, Kris deserves to have everybody that still reads this blog see this silly picture. And a picture with me in it?
And then Sandy was done (so so quickly) and headed osside (outside) to play with balls. His favorite thing ever.
The rest of us went and sat around watching football and eating pie for the rest of the afternoon. It was great. It was a yummy nice and mellow day. So there's the report!



3 comments:
I just left a comment and this thing ate it. That last shot is lovely - they all are, of course. And I love the light in the kitchen - beautiful. I'm glad you had such a mellow time - and that it was peaceful. Ours was a little more crazy. I hope to post it soonish. We're walking out the door to Dad's. LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
That photo of Kris is totally blog worthy - glad you included it (and a photo with you in it too!)
Looks like you had a swell time. Wish we weren't all so far away
Smoked turkey sounds awesome!
Post a Comment