Saturday, November 03, 2012

::halloween 2012::

Our family was on a trip until tuesday night, so Halloween was somewhat scrapped together. Poor Max was very bummed when I broke it to him that there would be no pumpkin carving. We did however do a lot of other important traditional things. It was no small feat, but I made sure we got some of the good stuff done.
Cookies, of course, were one of our priorities. Not only are they stinking delicious, but Max and I have made cookies every year since he was about three.
IMG_6346
We've been collecting fun cookie cutters each year and perfecting our recipes.
IMG_6344
Finished products?
IMG_6375
Professor Doofensmirtz made sure that no cookie was undersprinkled.
IMG_6376
IMG_6374
This one has an m&m mustache and beard.
IMG_6373
I love this one's eyebrows.
Sandy was a great appreciator of the cookies, naturally, since they're his favorite food. I have a couple of cute photos of him eating them that I'll post later.
Next we made sure that everyone was costumed. Well, except me this time because we missed the ward Halloween party. I like to dress us all up for that. But since we missed it I gave myself the year off.
Kris and Max were both "evil" professor Doofensmirtz from The Phineas & Ferb cartoon. Max had his stuffed Perry in a trap to round out his costume. I have a photo of the two doctors, but it's stuck in my phone. Later.
IMG_6345
Sandy was Mickey Mouse.
IMG_6354
Max had no official school, but he did have a Halloween party, and we made it to some of that. Here is Max and his teacher the wolf.
IMG_6359
IMG_6360
Yipes! They played and ate and read some scary stories.
IMG_6348
IMG_6352
IMG_6351
Max's art teacher--double yikes!
After the party we dropped by work to see how fancy everybody looked. The two ladies at the front desk coordinated as "pink ladies".
IMG_6365
These two are some of Sandy's favorite people, but he was totally freaked out by the wigs. He didn't want to look at or talk to either of them. NO WAY.
IMG_6366
That's the face he kept making.
More Halloweeny looking folks.
IMG_6367
Dad could hold him but not Judy or Jessie!
IMG_6372
Kris mostly just looks like a crazy insane dentist. He wouldn't be working on my teeth looking like that!!
At the end of the day Max's friend Emily and family came over and we went to trick or treat the one street in our neighborhood where everybody goes. Here are the pre trick or treating poses for you.
IMG_6382
IMG_6383
IMG_6384
IMG_6385
IMG_6386
Since it was a school night we didn't go out for too long, but just enough to get a good amount of treats. And Sandy had a blast! Every time he would get some candy he'd say "MO" (More). He wouldn't really say trick or treat, but he would say thank you. ("Nay Noo"). When we were done and heading to the car he cried.
It was a fun day. Thanks for tuning in!

3 comments:

Grampa Guy said...

Everyone looks appropriately grotesque or cute. It's crackup that Sandy wouldn't have anything to do with the be-wigged friends. That's how our dogs are with hats...

Last three photos are killers.

Loveyouall

DAD

K said...

Oh gracious. That shot of Sandy standing with Max at the school - Max's arm around him. Made me laugh and cry at the same time. And the little group portraits with Em = Sandy's face looks transported. Max is a different person than he was last I saw him - so much longer in face and body. And the staff looks lovely. I'm almost the age, I can wear my hair that color for real. This is SO much fun. I felt like I was there while I read and I kept wanting to hug people. This, of course, makes me cry -

Murphy said...

That is SO fun that everyone dressed up! I LOVED the doof costumes, and I love the Mickey costume. In the trio portraits the girl even does a face that looks like Merida's.