Thursday, October 27, 2011

::buggy::

IMG_4362

Max's class at school was studying insects way back at the beginning of the year. At that point his teacher told the kids to look for bugs and bring cool ones in.

So several weeks ago when Max found a cool bug he and Kris caught it and he insisted on bringing it to school. I told his teacher that he had a bug and she said "Of course he does!! The kids won't stop bringing them!"

So I guess the bug pulled some hijinks in the classroom that day. He escaped from his little jar and crawled and flew around the room and Max and friends got in trouble taking too long capturing him before lunch.

After the bug's second day in his jar I said it was time for him to go free. I forced Max to take his jar outside so he could go free. There were many tears and sad statements made. The bug was his BEST FRIEND! This was the ONLY TIME I've EVER let him keep a bug!! He LOVES THAT BUG!
But finally I convinced Max that buggy needed his freedom. Buggy hung out in his jar for the evening (happily for Max) and then left for the wild.

It's quite the nature story. Nature Max loves nature.
IMG_4361

4 comments:

K said...

I think he should have kept buggy on more day so he could do a Nature Max video about him.

Marilyn said...

Inspiring. Just like "Born Free" and that video about the lions. :)

Grampa Guy said...

Very cool looking bug, by the way. Were you guys able to identify him?

Ginna said...

Max used his bug field guide at school and identified him as a "sqaush bug". I have yet to verify this, but he's been right on bugs before!!