We were headed out this morning. To go to this thing you have to get up super early in the morning, because the first balloons go up at around 5:45.
Weather hasn't been great here the last couple of days, which is totally unusual for this area. It's been cold and cloudy and rainy. I guess we don't have it that bad though, since I did hear that Utah got SNOW! Crazy!
Anyway, the balloons didn't go up yesterday morning because of winds. We were worried that might happen again, but we rolled the dice and went for it. I mean, the Wildes came all the way from Tucson--how could we not try?
The adults were up at 3:30, and by slightly after 4AM we had all the kids in the car and were driving south.
As we drove south the rain started to fall. And it didn't stop.
We got down there and waited for a while in the dark to see if it would stop. It let up a bit, but not much. We got everybody bundled up and went in to see what was happening. All that happened was that we got wet.
After that we went back to the car to give things one more chance. The kids watched a movie and I think there's a good chance that all the adults fell asleep for a least a tiny bit.
By 7AM it was pretty clear nothing was going to happen so we drove off to get some fast food breakfast and head back.
Bummer for sure, but an adventure nonetheless. And at least we tried. It would've been pretty sad if the balloons had gone up without us there to see them!!





4 comments:
I am SO sorry you didn't get to see any balloons. It reminds me of certain fishing trips I've taken over the years. But glad you tried! Makes us appreciate our little local balloon gathering that happens right here in our backyard.
Your photos are very evocative of the feeling.
Love you
Dad
Yes - but how many chances does Sand get to drive a car? I mean, really. So the trip was TOTALLY worth it for him. I love the shot of Max. And I'm sorry the stupid balloons (that displaced the blanket horses at Fiesta Gifts) didn't get to fly. That would have been a photo fest for sure.
Oh, my? It must have been REALLY early if you were letting Sand drive. But, good practice I suppose.
Max is striking a pose that I would have been striking........ ah bummer......
Post a Comment