And speaking of Sandy, he really didn't want me to get this done. I had to do it all with him in my lap or arms, depending on his mood. I got really good at wrapping presents while holding a rather large sleeping baby.
Anyway, I did this same thing a few years ago. We had a playmobil nativity, and I wrapped up each piece of it, along with some treats and movies and different stuff like that. So he gets to open a little gift every night, and generally it's the nativity pieces. He remembered doing it before and was excited to do it again. And it's been encouraging him to play with each nativity character as they come out, which is fun.
So my favorite part of it is the little wrapped packages, they just look so festive.
Here's how it looked a couple of weeks ago, before he had opened a bunch of them:



Give me bowls full of little presents and pinecones and sparkly ornaments any day. They're just so fun looking.
And the master of the feast:

Just wait until Sandy gets old enough to want to open presents too--we'll see how it goes then.
I think that advent calendars are a really fun way to build up to Christmas, and they help little ones understand how long they have to wait until the big day too. Fun stuff.



3 comments:
Here's a very sad thing: I have a cool cabin advent calendar - every little door and window opens and there's a secret inside of each. But I have NO CHILDREN to open the doors. Very sad. I love the way Max's mouth just sort of works with the body angle. And I love bowls of treats and sparkles too. Yipee!
SO cute Ginna
Yeah. Unless the teacher says, "When all of this gum is gone, then it will be Christmas!!"
To which..... your son eats all of his gum in one sitting and then announces, "It's Christmas"!!! Oy Vey!
I remember you doing this before and loving the idea. I love advents too. So fun!
Post a Comment