Monday, August 02, 2010

::a cautionary tale::

20100802-20100802-IMG_1743
When trying to make a batch of yummy brownies (that everybody is looking forward to), and when living at very high altitudes....
20100802-20100802-IMG_1745
It's best to follow the high altitude directions on the box. (It also doesn't hurt to remember to add the water that's required.)
At least I remembered to grease the pan so they all came out. Otherwise the pan might've been a casualty.
20100802-20100802-IMG_1746
(He thinks he's pretty funny, doesn't he?)
The dang things smelled so good and brownieish, but once they cooled down they were definitely tooth breakers.
Hopefully I've learned my lesson!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. I want a bite. I can practically smell them.

love you all

Chazi R said...

Those look awesome. I LOVE super--um--STIFF brownies. Kris is going to hurt his teeth, there :3

K said...

Soak them in milk. Or even better, smother them with ice cream - they'll be edible enough. And why does Kris remind me of a long haired German Shepherd with a bone? HEY!! Here's a thought: take a plate of those to the office. THINK OF THE BUSINESS YOU'D MAKE FOR YOURSELF!!!!!

Ginna said...

Yep, pretty awesome!
We had some with ice cream just after they came out of the oven and they were already almost impossible to chew. I don't think even a milk bath or an ice cream wallow would help.
But you're right. We would make many new patients with those rock brownies, hee hee hee.

Katie Gee said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to forget an ingredient in something.

Rachel said...

At least you know a good dentist if you should perhaps chip/bust a tooth chomping into it!