Tuesday, May 11, 2010

::mothers day bracelets::

I was inspired by the tutorial on my friend Katy's blog. I just loved the bracelet that she had made out of wool pebbles. I thought one of those would be a fun mother's day gift.
But I'm nothing if I'm not practical--I knew I wouldn't get it done if I tried to make my own pebbles. I'll try it some day, but for this time I ordered some from here. Isn't etsy wonderful?
Once they came (all the way from the UK), I took a bunch of beads from back when I thought I might have a knack at jewelry making, and I put them all together.
20100503-20100503-IMG_1085
I think the pebbles are just so interesting--they've got such a cool texture, and the marbled colors are beautiful. It was fun to pick beads to play against the pebbles.
20100503-20100503-IMG_1096
Kris was concerned they'd look like "dryer lint bracelets." He admitted they were cool once I was done.
20100503-20100503-IMG_1091
20100503-20100503-IMG_1101
I like them. What do you think?
Thanks for the inspiration Katy!!

3 comments:

K said...

I think they look super cool - and soft on the wrist. Wish I had one. OH! WAIT!! I DO!!!!

No Big Dill said...

GOOD JOB, GINNA!

Rachel said...

HA! LOL! Dryer lint bracelets. That is too funny. You're right. They did turn out pretty cool!