
Looks like there's almost more in our yard than theirs, doesn't it? This is a view from the driveway. When I got out of the car for a while I could smell the delicious scent wafting out to me. It was heavenly.

I love the smell and the way the blossoms look. It was so fun to watch the bush blossom last spring and this. I'm just bummed that the flowers are gone now. My photos are from last week.

I'm going to have to have my very own bush someday!!



2 comments:
Lilacs are my absolute favorite! Their aroma.......mmm mmm MMM!
One of the saddnesses of my life is that lilacs last so very short a time. It's been raining for the last week, and ours have blossomed, and are probably gone - and we never got a chance to smell them because of the stinking rain and freezingness. Tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow there will still be some left. They are the smell of my young womanhood - of one summer when the lily of the valley were blooming under the windows of my ancient rented house, and the evenings, balmy and full of promise, were redolent of magic and romance.
The scent of them breaks my heart.
Post a Comment