Wednesday, September 02, 2009

::first day::

The first day of kindergarten is a pretty big deal--especially for those of us parents that never attended kindergarten ourselves (that would be me). I don't really know what to expect.
But Max doesn't care if I know what to expect. He was plenty excited about school.
20090902-IMG_8539
It's close enough that we can walk there--it's a long walk, but totally doable.
His teachers seem nice, though at the end of the first day I'm still at a loss as to their names.
Kris got to come home for lunch today--probably the 3rd time since we moved to RI. It was great timing because he was able to come with us to drop Max off at school. Mr Max looked very cute lining up with the other kids and heading in.
20090902-IMG_8540
Afterwards Max said he had a good time and was looking forward to going back. Phew. One day down, a bunch more to go! Yay for brave Max. We're very proud of him, he's so big and strong and smart. How did he get so big? It might sound trite, but it seems like not that long ago he was learning to crawl.....

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow.........Kindergarten........I could have sworn he was just learning to crawl too!

Frazz! You look so brave, and handsome, and CUTE!!!

I love first days of school. They are so exciting.

Megan said...

cutest boy in the world with that adorable orange back pack. He's a grown up, Gin.

Tiffany said...

I do love his backpack- he does look grown-up but also so darn cute!

K said...

That smile in the second shot. That being cooperative but really not participating mentally smile. Ah, yes. Well, the two boys are quite beautiful, and I - for one - am very glad he's not still crawling. I favor children who can speak English and look you in the eye and still tell you they aren't going to eat the yams.

YAY MAX!!! YAY, growing and becoming!!

Melissa Abby said...

When did he get so old? He's so grown up just since we moved two months ago!

Amanda D said...

Great pictures of your little man. It's exciting for him to start kindergarten. I hope he always loves it.

Kathy said...

Kristen is right about the smile in the picture with Kris. The sad part is as they get older they don't even try to pretend they are enjoying it. First days of school are very fun and exciting. He is so cute and I am sure will be the apple of his teachers eye in no time. Hopefully you will get to find out their names soon. They definitely do school differently in RI. So glad that he had a good time. Love the picture of my 2 cute boys. You need one of you and Max though so have Kris take one. You'll wish you had one.

tobia said...

YAY for Max! (Yay for Mom!)

tobia said...

YAY for Max! (Yay for Mom!)

Dave said...

that first picture is a great expression. I expect him to wink, click his tongue and do the "finger guns"