Monday, August 24, 2009

::beach!!!::

We finally made it to the beach last week with some friends from church as well as some friends from Kris's work. It was really fun.
Max and little Natalie (one of the new resident's daughters) hit it off quite well. They spent about an hour in a muddy pit in the sand, throwing sand at each other and generally having a blast. 20090818-IMG_8453
20090818-IMG_8466
20090818-IMG_8464
20090818-IMG_8465
20090818-IMG_8481
Natalie is so adorable!
It was great. They were occupied, and as long as they were throwing sand at each other they weren't throwing it at anybody else!

The beach we went to was one I hadn't been to before. It was good for little kids because the waves were really small. That made Max think he could go way far out though, since things were relatively calm, so it made me nervous. I finally got him to just float on his boogie board not too far out and that was fun.
It was nice to go and get a break from the heat. The ocean breezes feel lovely, and the water is just cool enough to feel great!
We're heading out again tomorrow. It may be our last visit since school starts next week, and hopefully the weather will start cooling off a bit soon. But it could be crazy crowded tomorrow considering that everybody's going to be trying to get the last bit of summer fun in. I guess we'll see. It'll be fun either way. We're used to the crowds at the beach out here.
It's so fun to go to the beach with friends. We sure do miss Melissa, Grant and Angie though!

5 comments:

K said...

Looks so fun! Except the sand looks kinda muddy. School starting. I remember these last weeks of August and how desperately I didn't want anyone to speak of school till the morning I had to go -

Rachel said...

Hollywood pays big bucks for mud baths like that!

Looks like fun. I know my kids want to do one last thing this year even though school has started.....they want one last big fling for the season. They want to go to Lagoon.

Kelly said...

What beach did you go to?

Melissa Abby said...

We miss going with you guys too! Grant would be so much more fun for Max this year. And he is also completely fearless, just walks right into the ocean like he's not still kind of learning to walk and wouldn't stop if we didn't grab him. Crazy boys!

Amanda D said...

Hooray for the beach!