It's been going on ever since he was finally toilet trained.
The man just doesn't like to wash his hands. I'm sure this is something that other little boys (maybe all little kids) can identify with. I mean, washing your hands is a ton of work.
But as all the moms out there I'm sure would agree, it must must must be done.
So as he's gotten older I've ceased to supervise his every little bathroom visit, and kind of trust (and by that I just mean hope) that he's doing what he's supposed to. Well, I always remind him to wash, or when he comes out I ask if he's done it.
For a while he was trying to be sneaky and go to the bathroom silently. He'd sneak out without flushing so nobody would know he'd done it and he wouldn't be forced to wash. I love finding surprises in the toilet. Ewwww.
So we've pretty much gotten him to stop that.
BUT.
Often I'll ask him if he's washed, and he says yes. For a while he was saying yes and it wasn't true, so I always ask to feel his hands to see if they feel wetish.
So he'll let me feel them. Sometimes he's had such a weird expression on his face though. I knew something was up, I just didn't know what. I was hoping it was nothing serious.
Today he took a bathroom break before lunch. Something I was doing took me in there just as he had flushed. Guess what I found? A kid dipping his hands in the toilet water. He jumped away quickly with the most guilty look on his face.
I knew immediately what had been going on! So those little "washed" wet hands that had touched me so many times had been dipped in toilet water! ARRRGHAHHHH! Hopefully, like today it was after the flush. I can only hope.
Who knows how long this has been going on.
So I'm looking forward to Kris getting home. We're going to have to devise a punishment that fits the crime.
I'm thinking something having to do with swirlys?



10 comments:
OH MY GOSH! that is disgusting and hilarious all at once.
ha ha ha.
Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
I could barely read this outloud to Chad I was laughing so hard, but it is gross too. And yes, hopefully at least he dipped them post-flush! Don't they say that as a last resort you can always drink your toilet water in an emergency? So it can't be that dirty :)
Ahahahahahahhaha :) I do have to say, at least he USES the potty! We're having none of that around here!
That cute little face??? NEVER!
Yeah. I can't let Char read this one. If I do, well - you know how you are about horses? Uh-huh. She won't be able to live in the house with him. I guess I'm going to literally keep him on a leash. Ew. ew. ew. ew. Then again, I'm not sure I want to know about the stuff y'all used to do. She kept saying, "What? What? as I was drawing in my breath and laughing and gagging at the same time.
Gah!!! Makes me realize how much I need to wash my hands after Primary every week.
Lol! Kids will be sneaky.
That is really funny and gross. I have a hard time believing
Max could be that sneaky. I'm sorry to say it probably won't be the last time he tries to pull something like that.
I still love him dearly.
This is an instance that you need to put those clorox tablets in the toilet tank. Then maybe his hands will be slightly sanitized. Murder on the rubber stopper.
Isn't there colored bubble soap? In school they make them sing "Row, Row, Row your Boat" while washing.
Remind me to tell you the story of when my brother broght my grandpa a nice cold cup of water one day...
Post a Comment