They got here on thursday afternoon and we waited patiently for Kris to get home from work so we could start having fun.
We went to have dinner at a Hibachi grill that we've had our eye on for a while. We were so excited to get to go!

It's so fun having family in town. Max loves it.

Our chef was very dramatic and fun and we liked him even though he kept missing when he tried to throw things up into the top of his hat.
I think Max wasn't too sure about the fire at first, but after a while he got into it and kept giving the chef the thumbs up.

He told Kris later in the bathroom that he had figured it out. The chef was a robot. That's how he could put his hand in the fire and not get hurt. And really, it may have been true.

I got shrimp and yes it was delicious!
After dinner we headed home for cake and presents.
I made a delicious coconut layer cake with coconut filling and chocolate frosting. And yum it was good. Even though it was a little lopsided, and I was afraid that the filling was going to squeeze out all over because it was such a warm day it was so yummy! It's totally worth the extra time it takes to make it from scratch. I highly recommend the recipe.

Mmmm, that makes me want some now. Good thing there's still a little left over.

We had fun eating and hanging out and Kris got to play with his presents.
How fun to have visitors for a birthday party! And how crazy that he turned 30. Yikes!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Kris! That cake looks yum!! The chocolate part. :D
Thirty. Amazing. And thinking of Kris, I don't think it fits at all. I think he must still be 28, somehow. It looks like you had great fun. I wish we were there, too. but not for the cake - too many goodies these last two days. Tomorrow, however, is another thing altogether. I'll be good then, and try to get into my old shorts . . .
Mmm! Coconut chocolate seems unusual to me somehow. I want to try it. 30 doesn't seem old to me anymore. 40, not too much (we have siblings that are 40 now). But 50 yes, still seems very far away. :)
Post a Comment