Tuesday, April 14, 2009

::easter saturday::

On saturday Kris woke up early and went fishing. He didn't catch anything and he fell in a really dirty stinky river, but he didn't let it ruin his weekend.
When he got back we decorated eggs with crayons and markers.
20090411-20090411-IMG_0539

max egg decorating 4-11
Max was very serious about it and for some reason very motivated to get all the eggs done as quickly as possible. By special request Kris had to make a Bill Nye the Science Guy egg as well as a Guitar Hero egg. Don't ask me about the last one, he's never gotten to play it!
painted eggs 4-11
I love eggs decorated by little boys because they always remind me of Cammon.
max eggs 9-11
Cracked and black or brown or blue. And kind of yucky and smeary. I think Max's were quite good and traditional.

After that we headed over to our friends the Nielsons to have an egg hunt. Sadly, very sadly, it was cold and really rainy. So our plans for an outdoor egg hunt were foiled. But the Nielsons have a big basement, so we had the hunt down there. It was too dark for pictures, but I did get a few good ones of egg dying before the hunt.
20090411-20090411-IMG_0552

20090411-20090411-IMG_0557

20090411-20090411-IMG_0563

20090411-20090411-IMG_0571
And some bad pictures of me eating bunny food.
dorky ginna easter 4-11
I'm honestly not sure which of those photos is worse. Should we take a vote?

The kids got huge hauls of eggs, considering that everybody brought some stuffed eggs and there were only four kids old enough to hunt! It was really fun.
20090411-20090411-IMG_0606

20090411-20090411-IMG_0611
After this we went and had a delicious burger for dinner. I was really full. Really really full. It was a good day.

7 comments:

Amanda D said...

It looks like a great day. We had a rainy Easter too so our hunt was inside -- and I didn't realize how messy the house was until they were hunting. Oh well!

Rachel said...

I love the eggs painted with markers and crayons and I love that you did both brown and white! So "non traditional"!!! My favorite!

Tiffany said...

Wow! Looks like Max cleaned up! His basket is chuck full! FUN!!

K said...

Your dad and I read it together. He now wants a great big burger. Like a MAXI BURGER. Regular cheeseburgers just don't seem that big to him anymore. I'm going to write about Easter tomorrow. Today was so fractured - Chaz had to take her car to Flip's and was going to walk to school - but IT RAINED. So that was a good hour of picking up, dropping off (and repeat). So maybe tomorrow. But I haven't got absolutely elegant shots like you do. Man, you're good. And I LOVE easter eggs. LOVE THEM.

Lechelle said...

Are those hot dogs in your bunny food pics? I didn't know bunnys ate hot dogs, it seems a little cannibalistic to feed a hot dog to any animal. But i do have to say your hair looks fabulous in both pics.

Ginna said...

lechelle, it's a carrot--i guess it doesn't look very orange with the bad light. I wouldn't feed bunnies hot dogs, I think they might turn scary.

carie said...

oh lucy is so cute!
We should have been there with you. I miss the Nielsons!