
birthday to Kris!!
I'm a little behind here (as usual). Kris's birthday was on saturday. We got back from new york late thursday morning and have been scrambling to finish up moving in and stuff since. So saturday we spent most of the day running errands (trying to actually get some food in the kitchen) and cleaning up, washing little boys, you know. Important stuff.
We went to a cool sporting goods store by our house and bought Kris some nice new flip flops for his birthday. I think he likes them.
Our sweet friends Chad and Melissa offered to watch Max for us so that we could go out to dinner and actually talk to each other. It was really a combination birthday and anniversary dinner since Kris was going to be in NY for our anniversary. It was really nice. We went to a great place called Blaze that's right across from our house. The food was delicious and the place was really nice.
Afterwards we came back and ate cake with Max and Chad and Melissa. The cake turned out looking really great. But it was the first thing I've tried to bake in this new oven and it was a little underdone on the inside. It's an electric range/oven and I can't remember the last time I've used one. The cake still tasted good though. I always think frosting makes the cake anyway. Well, homemade frosting does anyway!

After looking at the following pictures, I'm not sure whose birthday it actually is!

I could barely get one quick shot before all the candles were blown out. Can you see the blur of Kris up on the left hand side trying to blow one of them out before mr wind machine got them all?
I only had one present for him. But it was a good one.

And no, it wasn't my son. He was a present, but back in 2004.


Again, whose birthday is it anyway? Nobody can really tell....not even Kris.
We got him a spare tire cover for our one and only car. Now we can feel cool because we finally have a safari animal on the back of our Rover. Thanks to ebay. Yay for ebay!

So happy birthday to my sweet Kris. He's in New York right now and we miss him!
Who couldn't miss this sweet face?

Or this smooth dude?

I love you Kris!



8 comments:
We had lots of fun with you guys! We'll have to go back up to Maine with you. It took about 2 1/2 hours to where we stopped. We need to make 4th of July plans, I'll call you!
Oh man, how much fun Max looked like he was having with that bow! Who hasn't worn one on their head!
And that cake really did look good, hmmm its giving me the munchies. And you can't beat homemade icing!
Yeah, these food pics are amazing. I'm hoping that soon I won't have to eat real food anymore, I'll be able to glean sustenance entirely from your delicious pictures! =]
Once again you've captured things perfectly! Your blog always makes me smile.
I'm so happy to see Kris having a Happy Birthday with a yummy cake and all. It looks so good. Can't beat pure chocolate.
I like the tire cover. I can see why Kris likes that. Great pictures and I'm glad you got to go out together and have some alone time.
I have had so much fun visiting NYC via you! :) Sorry I haven't been commenting much but I hvae been reading!
Happy birthday to Kris. My mouth is watering just looking at the pics of the cake...mmmm!!
we have a birthday present for you, we are just lazy and havent sent it yet. oh yes, and we need your address.
kelly
I knew it was his birthday - and then spaced on it. No brain on line these days. I'll make it up to him later. When he moves back into the wilderness, maybe. I can never forget his birthday anyway! We had to plan a wedding around it!
Happy birthday beloved boy - we are privileged and blessed to have you link your family with ours, and your life with our precious and treasured little girl.
Bless you both with many years of health, service, adventure and love ahead!!
Post a Comment