Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Adventures

Ginna asked me to post some pictures of some of the stuff I'm doing during my break. I'm glad to be done with school and out doing some of the things I really enjoy. I'm expecting these to be just the beginning of the good times until I go back to school.
Here is Sultan at the San Raphael Swell. He went swimming in the river and then retreated back to the car. This was taken a few weeks before school ended, while I was driving Sultan to stay in Provo.

I love to mountain bike in Moab. Here I am on the Slickrock trail, schooling my riding friends on how to climb hills.

Even the teacher had to walk his bike a couple of times.

This is the second trail head during our day of riding in Moab. My friends burned out a little before I did, but It was a good time nonetheless.

I won the award for the best crash, Jeff had some good falls too, and somehow the rookie, Cody came out unscathed.

Next, I took my friends down to the Grand Staircase for some hiking. They had never hiked in Utah, so I took them to some really great slot canyons. They were a little slow getting through, but It was really fun to have them with me and to show them something they had never seen.

One the narrows we hiked was called spooky. It was about as narrow as we could get through. Jeff and Cody are a little "pumped", so some of the stretches got really tight.

We eventually made it to St. George where I took them on a ride through Snow Canyon. The canyon is an incredible ride, but very strenuous to reach to top.

Cody, who isn't a cyclist, did an amazing job riding my mom's bike (I put this bike together for my mom, with a hidden agenda of making a bike I would also ride). The gears weren't shifting well and Cody rode better than many people I ride with regularly. He might have a career in modeling bib shorts.

Today, my dad and I hiked the Left Fork in Zion's National Park up to a famous rock formation called the Subway. It was really an amazing hike, but pretty tiring too.

This is a shot of the Subway. My dad put up a good post on the hike, so if you want to see more pics or read about it, check out his post.



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those are some pretty sweet pics Kris! I miss the hiking in Utah!!

K said...

I still think you'd be better off with a horse. But then, Sully almost counts. Beautiful country. But you're not getting me into any slot canyons. Crikey!