Wednesday, May 07, 2008

.::Bubbles with Kelly::.

A while ago we had a very lovely day. It was the first nice one in a while. Kelly came over in a break between classes to hang out with us. I had been promising Max for weeks that he could go blow bubbles as soon as the weather was nice enough--so we took both the bubbles and the uncle out to the front porch.
20080416-20080416-IMG_4240-2

20080416-20080416-IMG_4239-2

uncle and nephew 2

uncle and nephew 1

uncle and nephew 3
I think a good time was had by all. Well, Kelly had a good time until Max poured half the bubble bottle down the front of his jeans. Unfortunately he had more school to go to that day, but fortunately he's a good sport, so he just turned Max upside down, and I think that made him feel better. (and he went and tried to wash out his pants, poor guy)
20080416-20080416-IMG_4257-2
Being upside down didn't seem to slow down the bubble blowing.
20080416-20080416-IMG_4256-2
Then Max thought it might be funny to blow bubbles at poor Kelly. That went on for a while.
20080416-20080416-IMG_4264-2
Then Kelly finally decided he was bubbly enough and went inside to relax.
Max blew bubbles until the neighbors started harassing us too much and I made him come inside. (We won't miss the neighbors when we go.)



It's so funny to think of how bad he used to be at blowing bubbles. We'd go out, and he'd end up as soapy as could be, with soap all over his lips. He'd blow and blow and never make a single bubble.
Not so now! He's just such a big smart guy these days.



Yay for bubbles, and uncles and nice days.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

RUDE neighbors! Max can come over anytime and blow bubbles!

Ginna said...

those neighbors are nice, they're just too weird and in your face--you know what I mean?
We'll have to come and do bubbles soon Nancy. It would be fun!

{Erica} said...

bubbles rock! That 3rd picture down rocks my world!

Amanda D said...

Great pictures! It sounds like the perfect afternoon.

Hey - I've been meaning to ask, what is "Gesamtkunstwerk"? Your mom couldn't remember when she told me about your blog.

Ginna said...

Amanda, good question! This blog was originally just Kris's. He speaks German from his mission--gesamtkunstwerk is a german word that basically means life as art--and by art it's talking about fusion of all the arts. The word was made up by Wagner I think to describe his operas and how they mixed music, and theater and poetry etc. all in one big piece of art.
I hope that makes sense!! :)

K said...

Bubbles. How I remember them.

This is the true and certified original Kelly, I assume?

Amanda D said...

Thanks, Ginna! I knew that it had something to do with where he served his mission.