
Patience is important.

Max loved it.

A Grandpa also might lie down on the floor and let heavy heavy four year olds jump on them (it's called Hop on Pop. We used to get to do it when we were little. It was the best)
Then he might pretend to be a horse.


Or maybe more of a bucking bronco.


This one good way to get a workout. I don't think I'm going to try it anytime soon.

Does it looks like Max is having fun? I think SO!
Then that same Grandpa, since he is already on the floor, might just let his very heavy four year old grand boy fly like an airplane (this is also something we used to get to do when we were little. It was so fun.)

That one took a little while to figure out though.

I think the front flip exit was a little intimidating. That was all of the floor activities for the day.
Keep in mind, these Grandpa activities were besides making breakfast every morning, teaching Max (and his mom) how to make bread, helping clean up night time pukes, doing laundry, reading bed-time stories, baby sitting, going to the park for hours... I could go on and on. Max is lucky to have such a fabulous grandpa! Grandpa Guy, you can come back and visit anytime.



11 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful visit with your dad. My kids have a wonderful grandpa too, and it is a HUGE blessing!
He never gives ME airplane rides.
Don't forget to mention, being a surrogate Grandpa to my kids... feeding, holding, chasing and entertaining baby Eliot.
This is your dad, because his lap top has gone catatonic:
He had a great time playing hop on pop and stuff - and thanks for taking the trouble to put the pictures up. Now, he relives it . . . .
And one more from me - did you use the color boost on these? The pictures are fabulous. I need a better lens.
Ginny. What fun! It reminds me of all the things my dad used to do with us. I'm so glad your dad got to visit and that he's such a darling and involved grandpa. Making bread? oh teach me! Also, those toy cars that Max has are AWESOME. Where did you get the RV and camping trailer or whatever they all were. I'm in love. They look vintage.
Are they playmobile? Oh and this is Megan, not Dan.
Mom: no color boost this time. I can tell you what I did though--it wasn't much.
Megs: they're playmobil! Aren't they cool? I love playmobil so much that it's a slight problem...
Those are THE cutest pix EVER!!! What a great camera you have there too- what are you shooting with? Don't you hate living so far from grandpa? That is sweet - thanks for posting!
You are a great photographer, p.s. The next time you come you should snap some pictures of Maggie. I would say of our family, but my pregnancy related obesiety is quickly getting out of hand. I'm not sure I want to remember this.
What a great time had by all it seems. Grandpa's do have a special way of making kids feel great about themselves I think. I don't know if any of the rest of us grandparents can compete with all of that.
Post a Comment