OK, obviously I'm just kidding. Right after the BYU game yesterday Max was walking around with his pants down around his ankles. Kris went over to help him get his pants up--chaos ensued and giggles and shrieks suddenly ended in screams as Max ended up face first on the hard wood floor. It's tough not to end up that way when you jump up in the air and somebody has ahold of your legs.
So he ended up with a split-open chin. I don't have any photos of that, hopefully you understand.
Since it was saturday night, of course we couldn't get ahold of his doctor and ended up at the ER of the local children's hospital. I was afraid we'd end up waiting there for hours, but luckily it was pretty empty and they took us straight in.
Here he is getting a sticker for allowing the nurse to take his temperature orally instead of rectally. yay!
(Thank goodness for Camera-phones or else how would we document our lives??)They put some topical anesthetic on his chin and let it sit for about 30 or 40 minutes. Luckily there were about 6 sponge-bob episodes on in a row while we were waiting. Otherwise I don't know if we would've made it.

After they thought his chin was numb enough they strapped him down to a "papoose board" and started into working on him.
Once they finished up and let him sit up he was ok. And once they brought him his orange popsicle he was extra ok.
I was just glad his chin was fixed. It took three stitches. But that's nothing a little McDonald's can't fix, right?



14 comments:
Max was really brave--more so than his mom.
Tell Max that I got three stitches in my chin from bonking it on the edge of a swimming pool when I was a little bit older than he is. Tell him that I know how he feels and I'm glad his chin is fixed.
Love you
Grampa Guy
Yes, it's hard for the Mom when the baby is hurting. We have this frustrated need to protect and this horrible realization of helplessness that adds up to fainting somehow. If Max had been like uncle Cam, he might must have fainted and things would have gone more smoothly. But then, when Cam cracked his head open, he was about Max's age, and he didn't faint then - and I had to pick him up, put him in the car and drive to the doctor's, then sit in the waiting room for an hour and a half, then go home and fall apart - because Guy was in California, and I was the ONLY GROWN_UP.
Then there's the time that Cameron did the same thing to his face, and I had to drive Meridee and Cam to the doctor because SHE was freaking out, and I had to hold the cloth while she sat across the room with her head between her knees (not really). I was amazingly brave then because she needed me. It's not the kind of thing I can do for myself . . .
Poor guy, but it does look better than i had imagined. Way to go Max to be the first of the cousins to go to the ER with an injury. I'm not looking forward to that day.
It's OK Kari, just put parker in a straight jacket and hand feed him his whole life and you won't ever have to worry about taking him to the ER!
Poor Max, lesson learned about jumping through the air with pants down I guess, next time wait till the pants are UP to jump around.
Kinda reminds me of the time I learned not to run underneath big rocks that are being thrown around for construction purposes. YOUCH!
oh sad! What a trooper both max and YOU are! I remember when Ella had to be rushed to the ER after swallowing a quarter and she stopped breathing! Scared me sooo bad! he'll now have an awesome scar on his chin that all the ladies will drool over :)
Ah max, now you've got a fun story to tell whenever anyone asks about the injury. I broke my left baby toe when I was fishing and caught a lost whale. It pulled on the rod so hard I tripped over a rock. I had to let it go.
Okay really I tripped over my biology book in my room and didn't realize it was broken until after I came home from church... But fighting with the Ute fan is something you should never give up!!
I hate the hospital! Ironic since Steve will be a Dr...and I'm not looking forward to ANY trips to the ER...but you were brave and so was MAX! At least he got a cool band aid and a Popsicle!
Brave mom (and Max)! We haven't had any stitches with all 4 of our girls yet--guess that's the difference between girls and boys, right?
Now he is officially a "little boy"! I have a scar in the same place on my chin(I fell out of bed and hit the frame), and I think Mike does too(he tried to run "out" of a big glass "in" door at a store). Getting the stitches out is super easy, they just clip the thread and pull each stitch out with tweezers, you could do it yourself. So don't even worry about that part of it.
It's terrible--this is aweful, but I laughed so hard I about burst into tears. This is just SO our lives--everything ends up on its face. Then there's the spongebob and the orange popsicle, and life is livable again.
Max and I will now have MATCHING CHIN SCARS!
Do you ever feel like you're just living in the middle of some giant production of something like "A Comedy of Errors"...?
I read my comment and I sounded awfully cold-blooded. It really is terrible--POOR MAX!! But it turned out well and he'll have a good story to tell. Thank heavens for the ER...
Wow! It looks like he handled that REALLY well! I've sewn up my fair share of little guys and it can be really hard on them. Glad to see that he was so brave. Also love that he is wearing a BYU shirt. Was the "fight" over the game? ha ha ha.
Oh I hate emergency room visits!! Poor Max and poor mommy. That last picture is absolutely adorable though where he is sitting on his daddy's lap. The look on his face. He is an angel!
Post a Comment