Wednesday, November 14, 2007
-} Oh the Things Kids Say {-
If you take a moment to watch this Sesame Street segment with Elmo and Whoopie, you might start to understand why Max decided to point at the African-American man sitting in our pew at church on sunday, and rather loudly say "Hey, he's black! Black is beautiful!!"
This was only shortly after he asked me whether that same man was Jesus.
I'm not sure whether any of that was overheard or not......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Thats hilarious! But probably pretty embarrasing for you. But hey, at least Max is learning to be accepting of people who are different than him. He could have said black is scary! I think beautiful was a much better thing to say loudly in the middle of church. :) I used to work with a man from Haiti and when parker was only a few years old he saw him and started to cry and want to to know what was wrong with him. Ahh, its time like that that I wish we lived somewhere with a little more diversity so it would't be such a surprising thing to see people of other ethnicities.
If the video doesn't work than just click on the YouTube symbol on the bottom right and it should open up in a new window for you!
Awe.some!
I don't think it's embarrassing at all! I'd feel pretty good if somebody wondered if I were Jesus. Or if a kid whispered, "She's old! Old is beautiful!!"
Do you remember how freaked out Cam was as a baby when Quint showed up at our house with glasses on? He screamed and cried himself sick. I'm glad Max and - you - for all that appreciate the lovely variety in the world around us, and enjoy it and rejoice.
hilarious!
My mom says that when they moved in to our house there was a midget family in the neighborhood and when Courtney saw the dad she yelled "Mom! Look at the cute little man!" My mother was mortified.
Post a Comment