Sunday, November 11, 2007

~~Hair Can Be Scary Sometimes~~

I was getting a little tired of my hair. It was pretty long (by my hair's standards) and I was just getting the itch to do something with it. I just didn't know if I felt good about cutting it shortish, after growing it out for so long. I like my hair to be long. But anyway, I was really feeling the itch. So, I came up with a compromise. Bangs. Yikes, right? But I've seen a good amount of bangs around lately, especially once I started paying attention to see if there was a look that I liked. You can do a lot of different stuff with bangs, if you know how.
So I just went for it. It made me a little nervous, but I went for it anyway.
I think most of youguys know what my hair looked like before, but I know I don't put a ton of pictures of myself up here, so just in case you're unsure, here are a few before pictures:

























































Some of these pictures show my hair better than others of course. Since I'm the family photographer, pictures of my are a little tough to find (which is pretty ok with me usually).
So anyway, I figured hair grows back and I went for it.
It was a little scary to see my hairdresser girl chop off the front of my hair. I mean I'm pretty brave, but I haven't had real bangs since I was about 12. I was scared that once it was all done I'd look 12!
So anyway, she finished up, and I thought it looked ok, but weird and different for sure.
Kris came home from school that day and gave me the weirdest look! I don't think he liked it at all. He says he likes it now, but....
So here are some after pictures. I'd love some opinions from youguys. After having the bangs for about a week and doing them several different ways, I think I like them. Not necessarily so much that I'd keep them for the rest of my life, but I don't hate the way I look. Which I guess was a risk, so I'm lucky! But hair grows back even though it might take a long time.






























Sorry, I know that was a lot of pictures, but I want fair educated opinions.
But really, where's Nick Arrojo when I need him? Probably in New York hanging out with Kris!

16 comments:

K said...

I gotta tell you, you look like me in 1969. The general opinion around here is that you look great, but I have to admit, having lived through the sixties, I'm a little shaken. But you look happy, and when you look happy, I see beautiful. I will not say to you what mother said to Keven after she named Elise Eilse McCall - "You can always change it later. . . "

So there. Raves from the kids, raised eyebrows from the old folks. But always love to you, my little buttersnatch!!

Murphy said...

That's amazing! I love it! you look fantastic! I especially like the style with the parted bangs

Annie said...

I think they're cute and I liked the part, too. It really is scary to do new things with your hair but it's fun to have a change.

Lechelle said...

I like the last two pictures, with your hair pulled back combined with the part in the bangs.

Tiffany said...

I like the more swoop look! Very cute!!

Kris said...

Gimme a break! It's accidentally gave Ginna a funny look--not because I didn't like her hair, but because it was so different from what I'm used to seeing on her. I had never seen her with bangs, so when I came home and saw them, I was surprised. Anyway, I'm always a fan of change when it comes to hair. Short, long, whatever, I like the variety. I think it was brave for Ginna to do it and I'm pleased with the outcome.

Kris said...

correction: It's = I

Kathy said...

Good recovery Kris. It definitely is a different look and I think it is cute. I like the parted look too. Like you said there are a lot of different things you can do with them. It is nice to have a change and I say good for you. I do think hair is scary. I hate having to decided what to do with mine. There isn't much change that can happen when you have short hair though.

Chazi R said...

I love it--I LOVE it! But you know that I love bangs. It really does something remarkable to your face--it changes the whole shape of it. It's not "better" (because you were gorgeous before and you're still a babe now) but it's fresh and new and very different than anything you've done in a lot of years.

Do you want my opinion? No? Well, I'm giving it to you anyway. It's wonderful! ;)

Rachel said...

Hey darlin! YES, POST ON MY BLOGGY THING. I love hearing from you.

Okay, the bangs. What fun! Oh I wish I were as brave as you excepting if I cut mine then they'd curl up and stand and wave at all that pass by......sigh.....curly hair means a bad hair every day. My grandmother used to say, "I have naturally messy hair".....I inherited the messy hair from her I guess. I like your hair pulled back in the ponytail ahh heck, I like em all.

Hugs,
Rachel

Megan said...

Your bangs are flippin' sweet! And the rest of your hair is gorgeous. That is some long shiney beautiful hair you got there. Props. Ever since high school when my hair was genuinely long, the best I can do is shoulder length.

Kari said...

I agree with everyone else, I really like them, expecially with the part in them. I really like bangs, but I'm not very good at keeping up with cutting them so mine don't look very cute for very long. I've been dying to change my hair too, I just might have to do it now.

Anonymous said...

I like the look. It reminds me of Gidget. I believe that was from 1969. Maybe Gidget was your Mom! Anyway a new look is always cool.

Sparklebot said...

I think they look good.

{Erica} said...

I think they look great! I like them more side swept like in one of those pics....but you can totally pull off that look! I have had bangs at least twice in the last year (my hair grows fast) and I loved them, but I kept having to pin them back alot due to dealing with the kids :) seriously though you can rock them bangs :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I'm sorry I don't like bangs usually-but that could be because mom NEVER let me grow my hair out until I was in 8th grade. She kept me with the mushroom length permed hair look for as long as she could.
But now that I see bangs with the longer hair-it really does wonders for your whole face-it like shines with smiles now-I have to say you definitely make it work-or you work it-either way-you go girl.