For Halloween Max was a giraffe:
I was a surgeon from the Dharma Initiative (anybody else out there watch Lost?):
Anybody who doesn't watch Lost just assumed I was a surgeon planning to put my bike wrecked hubby back together, and that worked too.We had the ward trunk or treat at 5PM, so Kris rushed home from school and we got ready.
Those of you that know Max well probably know that he doesn't take stress and pressure too well. And by stress and pressure I mean Holiday Fun. He and I had been talking about Halloween and how it works and what happens for the last two months so he'd be ready to have fun. I think it did make a difference, but still wasn't as successful as I was hoping. I did succeed in finding out what he actually wanted to be (he decided he wanted to be a giraffe in early September) and so he actually wore the costume, which was amazing.
So anyway, he started the day off badly by waking up way way too early. Then he decided he didn't want to go to school, but wanted to "do halloween" first. So he threw a big fit on the way to school. I think school was really fun, they did a lot of halloweeny type things, and when I went to pick him up he was happy, which was good, albeit temporary.
After that we drove down to the Russell Stovers corporate offices (about 3 minutes away) where they give out bags of candy for free every year. These bags have 5 or 6 items in them, and all the items are the great big like marshmallow pumpkins and coconut cream buzzard eggs and stuff like that. Pretty great treats. So after we went home I let Max have one. (or two.) Whoops. He went totally nuts! It's funny because it's not like we keep him from eating sugar completely, but we certainly try to avoid pumping him full of sugar on a regular basis. You could really see the difference between the pre-treat Max and the post-treat Max. It was a little scary. He was running around like a cartoon fight while we were trying to get ready.
So finally we left, and of course he fell asleep in the car about two minutes before we got to the church.
The trunk or treat was fun. There were about ten cars or so with people giving out treats and only about 25 kids or so, so most of the kids got to make a lot of circuts and ended up with tons of loot. Bummer though, ours was the only decorated trunk. What's with that?
After dinner we drove out to my mom's cousins, Jeff and Cathie Biggs' house. We got to see and talk to them for a few minutes as well as their daughter Hilary and husband. They have a little girl that's about a year and half younger than Max, and Max thinks she's great.
After that we headed out to Kelly and Lechelle's house to trick or treat. Max was starting to deteriorate by that time, and so when we got into Kelly and Lechelle's he wouldn't talk to anybody or even stand still. So we left. But not before Kelly took a picture of all three of us. Yay!!



11 comments:
Hehehehehe just wait till hes old enough that a plastic pumpkin isn't good enough and he wants to take a pillow case instead!!
Very cute costume this year-yeah Max!
I LOVE LOST! Your costume was classic! Great Pics of Halloween this year! I'm glad Max at least had a little fun :) He made a Great Giraffe!
The second I saw that first picture, a word almost popped into my mind. Like, the shadow of it was there, and then it was gone - something like mendacious or something. But not mendacious, because I don't know what that means. A mendacious giraffe.
Resigned, more like. Cammon was hard like that with costumes and shyness. Look at him now - there's hope.
Hope you feel better, doctor. And thanks for keeping us tight with our beloved Jeff and Kathy.
love you
Mom I think you mean recalcitrant. Except I can't spell it!
((Thanks for the comments, Gin. I love you. :)))
It's this sort of hilarity that makes me wonder if all women are born insane to want children.
No, I'm sure it's wonderful, but I stand in awe of the bedlam you order, you know?
At least you got him to wear his costume--a small victory, but a victory none-the-less.
...are you going to let him keep all that loot? XD
Ah Max, one day he will appreciate halloween for all its greedy candy goodness. At least you have shyness, even if its too much at times like this. All Parker wanted to do was run around and growl right in everyones face, really really loud. And Char your right on, we are insane to want these children. Unfortunatly you don't really get to know what your in for until its too late and your already knee deep in the fun. :) Ah but it is fun, and that makes up for all the crazy hard stuff most of the time.
The costume was darling. Did you end up making it? If so, you rock. If you bought it... you rock too. Char is so right...children are really something. Your costumes were all great but I think it was cheating for kris to go as himself :-). Next year I'll go as a beat up kindergarten teacher. I dressed as a substitute teacher two years ago, spit wads on my glasses, kick me sign on my butt, the works.
That is the cutest giraffe I've ever seen. You guys are too cute and three cheers for LOST!
Char--I threw away all the nasty candy (jawbreakers, nasty suckers, etc...) and I've let him eat a couple of pieces of "trick or treat" a day, but he's forgotten to ask the last couple of days. So I'm just going to dispose with the remains. I'm sure he'll remember in a month and say "Hey! Where's all my candy?!?" But oh well.
Megs--I did NOT make the costume, although I was tempted to try. I got a pattern for it and then realized it was going to be really hard. And since I really suck at sewing I think it was a good choice. I ebayed the costume. It was a good move. :)
I think I will try buying the candy off my kids.
"You think that candy is nice? Try some of this CASH!"
Eh heh heh...
Oh man... I love your guys' costumes! If Max has too much candy, feel free to mail some to me :)
Post a Comment