Wednesday, July 23, 2014

::the last few days::

I've had a bit of a crazy time the last few days.

It was Saturday afternoon. Kris left on a bike ride. I put the baby to bed--not the easiest thing in the world to do--and headed out to get some stuff done. Always feeling behind I was rushing out of the room when I tripped rather heavily on one of the three steps we have in our house. I tripped forward and fell hard. Our floor is really loud because we have a crawl space, and to me my crash sounded like a bomb going off. But the baby slept through it and Sandy didn't even notice my accident. The only thing to commemorate it was a long scratch in the wooden floor from whatever I was holding, and my two skinned elbows.

You're not supposed to trip and fall in your own house as a grown up, right? That was weird.

Then I was mixing up some protein shake for lunch. Sandy asked for some so I overfilled the little blender a bit. When I was going to pour it I hit the mix button with my thumb. Well, the top was off, so as you can imagine the thick sticky chocolate drink flew everywhere. All over the kitchen and all over me. I was wearing a bright yellow skirt. Suddenly polka dotted. That was weird and annoying. Besides, most of my lunch ended up smushed all over everything.

I took off my soiled clothes and went straight to the laundry room to try to save them. While I was in there it occured to me that it would be sooooo awkward if someone came to the door right at that moment. Lo and behold, the doorbell rang. AUGH! I couldn't put my dirty clothes back on, they were already covered in soap. And guess what, Max's shorts just don't fit. I tried. I ran to the bedroom (if you've been to our house you know that's a little ways to run--the house is really spread out). As I went I heard the doorbell ring again, and then again and again and suddenly I knew it was Sandy. The little stinker. And so it was when I finally got clothes and made it out there.

Impeccable timing for Sandy to be playing around with the doorbell. Amazing really.

Later that day Kris took my car on a trip to the grocery store. He got to the end of our street and suddenly the huge lovely sun room in my Audi exploded. It just broke. Suddenly and for no reason at all. I wish I'd taken a photo, it was pretty spectacular. Luckily the screen was closed so Max and Kris weren't hurt, but they were scared.

Turns out that this is a known problem in Audis of my model. But of course the recalls are all for a later year and there's nothing for us. Classic.
It's tough to drive a car topped with broken glass. So it was out of comission.

The rest of the weekend went smoothly enough. Besides all the dropping off and picking up things at repair shops.

BUT then on Monday I was working--trying to get lots and lots done in a very short period of time when I spilled my protein shake lunch (yes, another sticky thicky chocolately protein shake) on my laptop keyboard AND my phone. AUGH!!!

My laptop went straight to the repair place and my phone mostly survived. But there I was not getting anything done. And then when I got home the internet was down. For hours.
What the heck. Isn't that a crazy bunch of stuff?

Everything is fixed and back now (except for my phone which will probably never sound quite the same). Knock on wood it all stays that way for a while.
IMG_0256
IMG_0257

3 comments:

K said...

The other day - I can't remember how it happened, actually. Dad called me when I was at the horses, so I talked to him while I was mucking and feeding and all that - for about 40 minutes. An ear gets tired, ya know. And all the way home in the car. He finally finished up as I walked in the front door (it was actually quite a good talk), and Guy met me in the living room where I started to say, "Holy cats - dad talked to me for almost an HOUR and I'm TIRED," when the phone went off in my hand =- it was Chaz. So I talked to her for a while, can't remember about what, but it's usually something important. And tried to get some things done - except I can't put anybody on speaker because they don't understand me and my phone is lousy at being squeezed between ear and shoulder, and I was REALLY tired of being on it by the time that was over. I turned to Guy and was saying, "Dad worries about Mike -" when the phone went off in my hand AGAIN, and guess who it was? Jah - MIKE. So it was another half an hour. I love being connected the way we all are, but breathing space, or at least, having enough time to call out a number, at least, would be nice.

I think you oughta insist that Audi fix it. If this is typical in the other models, it's still a flaw in design in yours and I wouldn't take it lying down, my friend. I'd be after the company. You have a lawyer; give him something to do.

But hitting the mix button when the thing is full - that's just life. Has to happen to you at least twice in life.

Grampa Guy said...

What a day......Love you

Grampa Guy said...

And I love the photos at th end of you and Lucy