In a moment of weakness Kris and I took the family shopping on fourth of July morning. Well, the weakness wasn't in the shopping, it was in what we bought WHILE we were shopping.
WE went looking for BBQ supplies and some sort of polish water toy sort of thing that we could put in the courtyard next to the kitchen so that the kids could have a fun weekend.
We didn't have a ton of places to look, and it kind of turned out it was either a smallish thing or a largeish thing. So after much deliberation and checking amazon reviews we decided to go with the largish thing. And by largish I mean QUITE LARGE.
When we got home the boys were immediately in their swimming suits and waiting extremely impatiently for Kris to set it all up.
It was torture just to make them eat lunch. You can imagine how hard it was to make them stand still for sunscreen!
Lucy looked on of course. She thinks everything is either super interesting or super boring these days.
The set up really wasn't too bad--a lot quicker than I was afraid of. But not quick enough for the boys of course.
And up it went! It's like a bouncy house waterslide castle thing. A blower has to blow the whole time it's on, and little sprinklers run pouring water down the slide all the time. That water fills up the little pool area.
The boys were SO happy. Check out Sandy jumping.
Sooooo happy. Sandy kept running up to us at the edge of the pool and saying, "I love this new thing!!"
Kris and I pulled up a couple of chairs in the shade and enjoyed the show.
The boys spent all afternoon out in the freezing cold water and had a blast. It may be the best remembered Independence day ever for the kiddos. I guess we'll find out.



2 comments:
Crazy - you two are definitely that. I can imagine the boys' impatience - and excitement. In my house - when I was little - people never went a little crazy. But even the smallest new thing was something magical. My father bought tickets to the circus once, and I couldn't believe it - I felt like it was something out of some book or something, that we were going to actually go to a circus. Something like this probably would have given me a heart attack. OUr 4th was much more tame - all we had was a piece of black plastic and a river. But it was good, too.
Will be memorable for sure. I think that contraption will provide much fun over the years, if you can keep it operational, and if the mice don't eat it in the winter. Great photos, as usual. Felt like I was there smelling the spice of the high desert.
Love to you all
Post a Comment