Sometimes the biggest challenge to me of posting on the blog is figuring out what the heck to say. have pictures galore, but the writing part sometimes just stumps me. Even though it's not REAL writing. And sometimes when I get done with a post I just feel like I blabbed out the most inane stuff ever on every photo. But then sometimes I go and read back and I've actually written funny stuff. Oh well. Anyway, I'm having a hard time thinking of what to say about these hiking pictures except that it was fun to go and find the tunnel, besides the part where I was worried that some boy or another was going to tumble off the edge of something.
They didn't though, thank goodness.
Climbing up.
He, of course, insisted on doing it all himself. But he only got to do a little bit himself, since I'd prefer to keep him around. Max, however did it all himself, and fast.
Teeny boy, big nunnel. This was really more like two huge rocks that had fallen down into each other. Not so much a true tunnel. And boy did the wind whistle through there. It was a cool place.
The bold adventurers!
And when you popped out the other side, this was the view:
And this, a boy trying his best to fall off the edge. Really he didn't make me too nervous though.
When we hiked to the right after the tunnel there were a bunch of little slit canyons in the side of the rock which Max really liked.
And then we went back.
Yes, they're cute. And then I made them pose for some pictures--the best part of any outing.
And that's the end! See we got through it, hopefully with a minimum on inanity and a lot of photos.



3 comments:
A long, slow breath. I loved seeing these. My favorites (after the ones of the grinning baby) are the leaving the nunnel ones, the silhouettes with the red rocks in the light. Such a balance between having fun and hovering. Remember the shots I took of you guys and the tiny nunnel that had the water running out of it - you standing on the red rock with the wind blowing your hair?
And you always write great stuff.
Love you
Dad
I like reading what you write. It sounds like you and it makes me like you and those boys of yours. :) This looks like such a lovely place to hike. We need to get down to Southern Utah more often!
Post a Comment