Sorry about the line through Phineas's head, that's my scanner, not the artwork itself. Perry KILLS me he's so cute. And I love the Max style, still so little kid, but also the characters are all really themselves. At least to me. Here's the other side of that one:
The Pizza Catchers are little cartoon characters that a friend of Max's made up one day at school. That friend has since gifted the rights to the characters to Max and now they are totally Max's. There are now about 15 of them too, grown from three. I'll have to show more of them later. There are whole comic books where they are featured. These two pages I'm showing you now are a bit unique becuase they have been colored, mostly we get just line drawings. I love them with color--again especially Perry.
That's my boy--goofy glamour shots self pose and all!



3 comments:
I love the pizza catchers. I think it should be an animated show, don't you?
I love the stuff he's drawing. And at some point, Murphy will show Max how to design a computer game with his characters. There are simple apps that allow you to do that. You are right that the characters are themselves. He has a gift. But I was expecting to see more - about SAND's artwork, which puts me so in mind of Char's. She was older and could actually form her name more or less, but she chose the same kind of unfortunate canvases.
Darling! My boys have all gone through phases where they draw characters that they love and make up. Kirsten is in the phase right now. She draws a ton!
Post a Comment