Tuesday, November 15, 2011

::sandy's birthday part 2::

A little more Sandy for you.

At the end of the day we got to have cake and a few more presents.
IMG_4725
Sandy loved his little space shuttle--way more than I thought he would really.
IMG_4727
IMG_4729
I like to see him concentrating so hard. Max of course wanted to play with it too. He did a pretty good job controlling himself--Max did. He tried to let Sand get all the attention. It didn't always work but he tried.
IMG_4731
IMG_4732
The crazy candle on the cake came from a lady at work. When you light the candle in the middle, it opens and lights up like a sparkler and plays the happy birthday song. Plays the song forever and ever and ever until someone (Max) reads the instructions and cuts one of the cords.

To end this post about such a lovely and joyous day, we have a cake devouring series.
Sandy was very careful and neat with his cake. He tried to eat most of it with his fork.
It was adorable and took about 40 minutes. It may have been one of the best moments of his little life, considering how much he loves to eat.
IMG_4734
IMG_4741
IMG_4742IMG_4744
IMG_4745
IMG_4746
IMG_4747
IMG_4752
Cute, right? Have you ever seen a cleaner baby after eating his first birthday cake?
(You can see that he's in his new high chair with a five point harness. The restaurant high chair just wasn't cutting it anymore and I didn't want to end up with him on his head on the bricks.)
Happy birthday to our sweet Sandy! We're so glad to have him!!

6 comments:

K said...

Oh, my GOSH. We watched it together. And we were so delighted. The fork! And the very serious face as he explored the shuttle. And I'm so proud of my Max - that's a hard job, letting somebody else have the attention. I never did that very well. But there you have it. I am so proud, and so is your dad. Of the boys, and of Kris and of you! Much love,

ME!!

Kelly said...

Seriously, I have never seen such a tidy baby! That's amazing!

Amanda D said...

He's so cute! I can't believe he's a year old. Happy birthday, little man!

Anonymous said...

He is very deliberate and so neat. He was really concentrating too which was way to cute. I wish I could have been there in person to witness it but you did an excellent job capturing the event in pictures.

Thanks. Love you all

PS Way to go Max. What a great brother you are.

Tiffany said...

Wow- a FORK!? I'm very impressed Sandy! Happy Birthday Little Guy. Such a cutie- all of ya!

Rachel said...

THAT is an amazing cake!! I just want to eat the frosting and berries.