
This is my run from last saturday--9.5 miles and on the treadmill no less! (Weather was really bad that morning, so I was glad to have a treadmill to use.)
I'm pretty proud of myself and my running training. Though like I said before I use the word running loosely. I'm definitely running, though not all the time during my runs. Plenty of walking happens.
Though today I ran a whole mile on the treadmill without stopping at a relatively fast pace for me. I was very proud. I'm making a lot of progress.
Can't wait for the half marathon in January! And I'm really excited to be actually seeing some improvement in fitness after my weeks and weeks of hard work.
So I'm bragging on myself a bit I guess. Yay me.



9 comments:
Ginna, that's so awesome! I just started running this year, too, so I can relate to what fun progress that is. I never thought I could be "a runner." I think it's really amazing what our bodies are capable of when we push them. Good luck with the rest of your training! I'm excited to hear about the Half. =)
Good for you! I really miss running. All my friends are running now and I started to train but my knees just couldn't handle it. You'd never know that I was a track star in high school and college, lol. But I did get inspired to do something about it and I'm happy to say that I'm at the end of a long run of physical therapy for my knees and I don't have everyday knee pain anymore, so there's hope for me yet! Meanwhile, I'll live vicariously through you :)
Whoopie, kid! A mile without stopping is, in my experience, a big flipping deal. Do NOT celebrate by having French Silk pie, which I would be tempted to do. I'm really proud of you.
Is that really your time? AMAZING!! Keep it up and you'll take first in your 1/2 marathon.
Thanks everybody! Amanda, that is SO not my time--misleading sorry! My treadmill starts over after 100 minutes, so it's actually much longer than that. But it's still good time for me. I'm definitely slow.
Cambria, I didn't know you were a track star! I'm so impressed with people that are good at this stuff.
Go Annie!!
Mom, I'll stay away from the pie. Although it does sound rather delish right now.
And a big Way To Go from Dad as well. Keep it up
Love you
You are awesome! And you do know that treadmill miles are 2.4x regular miles, right? So you really ran 22.8 miles. Almost a marathon!
Does that say 9 miles in a half hour??? Are you kidding me? I run for almost an hour and I'm at about 5 miles or so........ wow I'm slow!
Good job Girl!!!!
Way to go!!!!!! You are inspiring me that is for sure. I have been really lazy the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow I am rededicating my self and at least going to the gym. By the way I can tell you are losing more weight just since I saw you last weekend. Good job.
Post a Comment