Wednesday, June 15, 2011

::peas::

20110615-IMG_3746
It's something special about peas. Whenever our Sand gets peas in his mouth--after the initial snarfing because of hunger--he spits.
20110615-IMG_3761
And he spits, and he spits and spits. I'm usually covered with little spots and so is everything else.
sand spits 6-15-11
He makes like he's hungry for a bite. Then comes the tricky part. Sometimes he is hungry enough to just swallow it. Other times he spits it at me right away. I'm never prepared and it's always startling, disgusting and funny--as long as he catches me on a day when I have my sense of humor intact.
sand 2 6-15-11
He does think he's pretty funny.
Besides this evening, last time he did this we were out to eat. Luckily we were in an outdoor courtyard where it was loud, so hardly anybody noticed and nobody could complain. I was a little bummed though when I pulled my sunglasses out of a bag under the table and the lenses were all coated with peas.
20110615-IMG_3756
Please note the concentration--the flexed muscles--the amazing embouchure. He's serious about his spitting exercises.
If only you could hear the sound effects. Maybe someday soon when you come and visit. I'll let YOU feed him the peas.
20110615-IMG_3762
You won't be able to resist.

3 comments:

K said...

Laughing my head off. That concentration. And he looks like some old German guy, with that hair line and the lips. Oh, this is too funny. Just know that he'll get his in the end. You think he won't be sending you pictures of his kid doing this very thing - and probably with peas? (Or sweet potatoes) And he'll do it like his is the first kid EVER to do such a thing.

Cracking up.

Kari said...

I would spit peas out too if someone tried to make me eat them.

Tiffany said...

Oh he's adorable- Peas and all.