Thursday, April 22, 2010

::large and in charge::

When we were gone to UT in Feb our Primary president had a "meet your teachers" activity. Since Kris and I are lucky enough to teach primary together, the president asked me to email her a picture so she could print it out and make sure the kids knew what we looked like.
When we got back from the trip and walked into the primary room there we were, huge--life sized basically, on one of the blackboards. It was a little scary.
She gave us ourselves and we took us home and put us up in the hall. It was really weird to walk by and see ourselves staring back every time.
20100309-20100309-IMG_0706
At least I like that picture.

We moved it to the laundry room recently. I think it's a little better place for us and it looks a tad less narcissistic when people come and visit us.

8 comments:

K said...

It's traditional for the estate owners to have portraits of themselves hung on the mantle. I don't think any of them used the laundry room.

Sparklebot said...

When I was teaching school, I had my "school picture" taken just like the students (for the yearbook). Apparently, teachers get a basic package of school photos for free each year. So, I got a set of pics which included several 8x10" pictures of myself. Not having anything to do with this mini-poster of my face, I gave it to my mom. And, now, it lurks on her mantle, haunting me every time I'm home.

Marilyn said...

Aaa! That does seem like it would be alarming. Darling picture, though. Now it can keep a close watch on the laundry.

Rachel said...

I think you should put it up on the ceiling above Max's bed and tell him he can't take it down until he goes on his mission. :D

Katie Gee said...

I LOVE that picture of you. You (and Kris too) look soooo happy. I love your hair like that too. It's darling!

PMC said...

shoot - frame that baby and hang it by the front door!

Amanda D said...

That's awesome!
I think you should put it in a frame too. Surround it with smaller frames of Max.

Kathy said...

I did wonder why you had such a big picture. That is fun. I bet is really perks up the old laundry room. Maybe from now on you will love doing laundry because you can gaze at Kris while doing it.