Wednesday, September 10, 2008

::giraffes like the rain::

We had a lot of rain on tuesday afternoon. For a while it seemed like we might wash away. But luckily, since our house doesn't seem to be built on the sand, we stayed put.

I was visited by a giraffe several times on tuesday. Did you know that giraffes like the rain? That's what I was told anyway.
20080909-IMG_6926.JPG
They like to watch the rain, and don't mind when it splashes them through the screen door.
20080909-IMG_6929.JPG

Giraffes are Max's favorite animal. By far. Even over fish I think, which is kind of weird.
Out of nowhere last Halloween he told me he wanted to be a giraffe. That was the first glimpse we had into his giraffe love.
20080909-IMG_6937.JPG

He wants to be a giraffe again for this coming Halloween.
The good news is that his costume still fits, and he's excited to wear it again.
That makes me happy. And he's excited to wear it any other time. Which is fine with me, especially now that he can put it on and remove it himself.
20080909-IMG_6933.JPG

All I really know about giraffes is that they're silly. Really silly.

12 comments:

K said...

And that was a beautiful piece of work, that essay.

Melissa Abby said...

Yay that Grant and Max will be matching giraffes for halloween!!

carie said...

I really like the picture of Max looking at the camera in his Giraffe costume. Great portrait.

Rachel said...

Hey! Max stands like me! I must be a giraffe too!

Bryce said...

Giraffes are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Ginna

I feel like I'm reading a well written children's picture book. Good job

Dad

Amy said...

I love giraffes!!!! I love how they chew leaves. It always cracks me up. And I especially like your little giraffe named Max. Very cute. Isn't it great when kids will wear the same costume more than once. I love when my kids dress up. Especially when Garrett used to want to wear his spider man costume to the grocery store in the middle of July. I'd get the strangest looks. I'm sad that he doesn't do that anymore...

Derek and Ang said...

Umm, giraffes are one of my favorite animals too. I love that Max loves them. Have you ever seen a giraffe run? It's incredible. I just think its neat that God created an animal as unique as a giraffe.

Kathy said...

I love that Giraffe.

Anonymous said...

This might seem waaaaaay behind on the posts and off the subject of giraffes but, I LOVE the photos that Kris hung on the wall. I love the pattern he hung them in and am super envious of your photography skills. I want to do something like that someday. Hanging my own beautiful photography up in my living room would be the ultimate. I love looking at the photos you take and your blog is so fun. Too bad I don't have a blog so you could know more about me. Maybe this'll do for now, I'm pregnant with my 5th child who's due in March. Fun times.

Anonymous said...

p.s. I love the pictures that Kris took of you on the porch too. It's fun to see you!

Ginna said...

Katie,
I sure wish you did have a blog. I'd love to be able to see you and your kids, who I know have got to be 100% adorable. And congratulations on kid #5! Wow!
If you ever start a blog, you'd better tell me!