Saturday, September 20, 2008

::temple trip::

Kris and I got to visit the Boston temple this morning.
Our lovely friends Rex & Natalie watched Max for us. They have a 5 year old and a 3 year old (as well as a baby), so Max fits right in.
Boston temple 1
It's a beautiful temple, and it was a beautiful clear fallish day.
We had a good time. Even though we missed the first session and had to wait a long time. They don't have them every 15 minutes out here like they do in Utah.
boston temple 2
There's Kris walking in, turning off his cell phone or something.

I'm excited that we got to go. While we were living in Kansas City I never once made it to the St. Louis temple. The logistics of going were next to impossible to work out. It was about 3 and a half hours away, and between little baby Max and work things just didn't work out for me. Kris went a couple of times though. I went in Utah whenever we would visit. It was doable there, so many babysitting options, and so many temples so close.

So anyway it was a great day. We're lucky to only live an hour away from a beautiful temple, and we're lucky to have good friends who we can feel totally comfortable leaving Max with.

boston temple 3
Happy.

7 comments:

K said...

What a lovely temple, baby. Thank you for taking me with you.

Laura said...

Those stained windows in the front are beautiful! The sky brings out their color really nicely too. Looks like a fantastic day.

Now that I'm in UT, I forget how hard it can sometimes be to go to the temple. I take it for granted. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Kathy said...

I was just thinking the other day that I could tend MAx while you and Kris went to the Temple while I was there. I am glad you were able to go. Maybe we could all go when I come. We can see but it reminds me of the Denver Temple a little. The stained glass especially.

Amanda D said...

Beautiful pictures, Ginna. You are so talented! I haven't been to the temple since we moved here and I really need too. One of these days. Thanks for the push-I needed it!

Rachel said...

Wow! What a beautiful temple and your shots are fantastic!

Derek and Ang said...

We should trade babysitting for a temple trip sometime-we'll watch Max for you, and you can watch Porter for us =)

Lorena said...

I love going to new temples. I also loved it when the kids were old enough that I could leave them for a short while to go.