Thursday, June 19, 2008

.::We Made It::.

We survived the red-eye flight we had to take to get out here to Rhode Island. Max was incredibly good during the whole ordeal. Thank goodness.
We didn't bring the dog out yet though. He's staying with my parents for a few more weeks so that we can do a little more traveling. That way we don't have to worry about him being sad and lonely if we have to leave him with somebody he doesn't know.

It's nice here. The weather has been great and we do have our new fridge now so we're happy.
Tonight after we did a whole bunch of work and stuff we headed out to see how the beaches are out here. First we ate at a fish and chowder "shack" kind of place near the beach.
Have you ever heard of a "doughboy"? Yeah, neither had we. Turns out that they're kind of like a cross between doughnuts and scones, dusted with sugar. Yum. And chowder from the shack right next to the beach is delicious, just as could be expected.






















We weren't really using our brains when we left the house--we weren't sure whether we'd have time to go to the beach or not really. So not only did we not bring bathing suits or towels, but I forgot my camera! Ahhh! So these are all from Kris's phone. And of course, there were many lovely and silly photo ops that I missed.

















We didn't really think the water would be warm enough to swim in, since everybody keeps telling us how freezing the atlantic is, but really it was not that bad. No worse than the beaches in So. California that we've been to a lot.
Max was THRILLED to be at the beach and couldn't stay away from the water.







































And of course, he fell in. First he got really wet just by getting splashed, and then he fell right in.
We had to remove his pants completely. Well, actually they fell off because they were so wet and heavy.

We learned our lesson--we won't go to the beach again with Max without at least one towel!

We are about 40 minutes from this beach. You can bet we'll be back a LOT this summer. We are really excited about it.

















We're off to New York City tomorrow. Kris has training all week and Max and I are going to explore the city. We'll keep you posted.
Oh, and I still have several things I need to post concerning our Utah visit, so don't be confused when those posts still show up.

7 comments:

Amanda D said...

I am so impressed with the shots from a camera phone. How great to be 40 min. from the beach.

And you are AWESOME to be going to NYC with your son to explore. I wouldn't dare. Have so much fun!

carie said...

Oh I am jealous. I want to go back there! What beach did you go to? Those picnic tables look familiar. How does max like his new room and bed?

Dough Boys, AKA Fried Dough (in the Boston Common) is so good! The Powder sugar always seems to blow into my lungs though...

Rachel said...

Jealous? Can I just say I am jealous? How wonderful to have the beach so close! Oh ya baby on the chowder. It is THE best! Mmmmm. GREAT! Now I'm craving fresh on the beach chowder.....nice.....

I'm glad you made it safely. It was good seeing you for the few moments I was able to. You look great and you look happy. :o)

Tiffany said...

I am also SO jealous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach! So fun for you guys! Have fun in NY!!

Laura said...

ahahaha, kids + beach = unlimited fun. And unlimited sandy, damp towels, cars, clothes and hair etc.

P.S. That's one heck of a camera phone! Usually I can't even tell what my pictures are after I take them. :P

Melissa Abby said...

Can't wait to hang out at the beach with you and Max all summer, especially while our husbands are working!! Last summer I always went alone, now I have friends to go with :)

K said...

Sigh. But I'll tell you what, it's the parents who are not so sad and lonely without a certain large, poofy, amber-eyed doggy.

I love the beach. I always wanted to fall in love there.