Lately, my life's learning curve has been exhaustingly steep. In the clinic every task is something I am doing for the first time. Here's the formula: patient making a financial sacrifice to get treatment + student doctor who has never performed any of the treatments before + lots of sharp instruments and needles = überstress. Did I mention that academic board exams are coming up?
Additionally, we are trying to sell our house and buy a different one. There are problems on every side of this issue. No one wants to buy our house. The house we want needs a new roof among other things. At every corner I'm intimidated by the tasks that have to be done for this deal to work out.
And I sold a trombone and bought a disaster of a race bike. Great bike, great wheels, great parts, but they don't play well together. A case of the sum of the parts being much greater than the whole. Meanwhile, I'm racing it anyway, with more or less success, depending on how often I need to change gears.
Speaking of cycling, building a cycling team has been surprisingly difficult. Last week alone we learned that our contacts at our 2 largest sponsors were leaving their jobs. We were also informed that our jersey order was going to take an additional month due to errors on their part. (never use Atac sportswear) Now we have to try to get payment for everything before our contacts leave their companies.
I guess there are periods in life when you make a lot of changes and every step you take has to be in uncharted territory. Good thing there is Max to help me remember that all this stuff means very little--not that he doesn't add to life's challenges. Ha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You're a good example Kris. It's a good thing it's you in your situation because, I know that if anyone can make it work out, you can. Just keep goin! and yes, never forget the things in life that you are really there for, and that will be there even when everything else is gone.
Post a Comment