Thursday, May 14, 2015

::::

IMG_0338.JPG

Tonight Sandy was having a total melt down flip out in bed. At bedtime.  When he was supposed to be asleep. It was a serious major meltdown that included screaming and kicking and death screams.

I was just done with it.  Sandy has been experimenting with all sorts of different "behaviors" lately and by bedtime I'm all worn out.

What happened?  Well first I told him he wouldn't be having a sleepover with one of his little girl friends at school.  That was so mean.  Then later on he had an "injury" on his finger and "needed" a bandaid.  Against my better judgement I stepped into his bathroom and grabbed him a bandage.  His box of Star Wars bandaids was empty and so I grabbed something else.  I had a feeling of inpending doom when I saw the empty box......and rightly so.  When he realized that minions from Despicable Me were surrounding his finger rather than Yoda or Luke, he lost it.  Truly lost his mind.

I left.  I was done like I said earlier.  I went and found Dad and told him it was his turn for some of the fun.

While I was finding Kris though, Max snuck into the room.  He was sure he knew what to do in order to fix the problem.  I saw him darting around the house, finding things and doing things.  I didn't think he could fix anything, figured he could only make things worse, but I was wrong.  He fixed it.  He made Sandy a Star Wars bandaid.  See the above photo.  It's complete with a little bandage cushion made with a tissue.

When it was wrapped around Sandy's finger Kris said that Sandy looked at it and with a shuddery breath said, "It's SO CUTE!!"

When I went in to give the crazy guy one last kiss, he told me "I'm so proud of my brother!"

Even though these guys fight a lot, they are great brothers.  And Max's drawings are SO CUTE.  Good job Max, saving the day.  I can always use the help!

2 comments:

K said...

Bless his heart. I'm just really impressed. I would never have done anything that insightful, merciful and creative as an older sister. He's totally beaten me out, and I couldn't be more proud of him. It's what I needed to hear about tonight.

Marilyn said...

Now that is just downright sweet.