Friday, February 14, 2014

::bonked again::

The Sunday after Christmas we were all getting ready for church (and by that I mean that Kris and I were getting everybody ready for church). I was in the laundry room doing something important, and Sandy came running to me with his arms full of toys. He tripped and met up with the door jamb of the laundry room very solidly. It was sad times. Sad times indeed. Especially considering we were trying to leave the house five minutes later AND it was his first time going to primary.
He immediately grew this large and colorful unicorn horn.
IMG_4222
And then we had to go to church. I had to explain his head to everybody of course.
IMG_4223 It took forever to heal of course, and it didn't help that a few weeks later he was playing with Max and bonked the spot again--on the counter somehow, Max couldn't seem to give me details.
Just yesterday I was feeling his head and thinking the bump was finally going down and his head would finally go back to normal, and then today he ran smack into the wall--WITH HIS HEAD--in that same spot!
Is it somehow like when a person bites their cheek and it sticks out and so it gets bitten over and over again after that? Does this bump just stick out too far and it runs into things?
Who knows, but it was once again a sad day, and I was so bummed because I want that bump gone.
IMG_4356
IMG_4357
It really does look lots better than last time. I'm sure it'll heal eventually, poor little noggin!

2 comments:

GRampa Guy said...

I want to give that noggin a noogie

love you all

K said...

Well, he should be getting the point by now, not to beat a dead horse. Good thing the rest of his face is SO DANGED ADORABLE - and kissable. And all of those things. I'm tired and going to bed. You should too. No, really. You should. KISSKISSKISS