Thursday, October 31, 2013

::carving::

Last Sunday we got home from church and Sandy almost immediately puked all over me. We're still not sure why. He was a little miserable that afternoon, but never really actually sick, and was just fine the next morning.

Anyway, this is a little beside the point but it explains why Sandy is in his PJs while pumpkin carving.
IMG_7965

IMG_7966

IMG_7968
He didn't really hold up for too long--we actually had to go take a break in the other room while Kris and Max scooped out all the pumpkin guts.
IMG_7969
Blech, he said. And the guts were a little too reminiscent of pukes for me, so we escaped for a bit while the boys did the hard work.

When we got back they had started on the faces.
IMG_7970

IMG_7971

IMG_7972
IMG_7973

Sandy and I finally got his little guy all finished. Happy with sharp teeth was the request.
IMG_7974
IMG_8031

Finished product.

2 comments:

Grampa Guy said...

It really is the hard work to get the insides out. That's when I always regret that I got such big pumpkins. Looks like those guys were up to the task, and the finished products turned out great!

K said...

Gin - I think I have a picture of you JUST like the one of Kris, with your tongue between your teeth. Or maybe I'm thinking of the one of me putting makeup on Char when she was little. I love our Halloween pictures. I love the light in October and the colors. These are great. I love it that the boys are working together - it makes me long for a season that just ended, though - and I am so sad that it's gone. It was weird this year, leaf-wise, but still beautiful. And the though of steel gray and white winter does not charm me. Your family glows, even when some people are pukey.