So so so so long after this should be posted, here it is. Kris had to be gone on a training bike ride in the morning, but Kathy was here visiting, so we got ourselves up and went to the Eldorado Fourth of July parade--for the first time since we moved here!
Max was more engaged in the situation than he appears. But we did have to park and walk a ways, and it was warm. You know how kiddos get in those sorts of situations.
And it didn't take long for the parade to come along.
Here come the Scouts. This is the troop that's always trying to poach us from church--the cubmaster is in the ward!
And the firetruck parade! We have lots of cool firetrucks in the neighborhood--two fire stations. Crazy, right? We're a little fire paranoid around here.
And like any great small townish parade there was lots of candy thrown for the kids to collect.
Sandy wished he was just a touch bigger so he could hunt down the candy too.
Instead he got a crazyish clown with bubbles. He wasn't so sure about it.
Quite the haul. We didn't come prepared with collecting bags, duh!
This was my favorite part of the parade, some cute teens as eagles, nests and etc.
It turned out really fun. Short, candy-filled and entertaining.
I love my boys and it was so fun to have Kathy there.
Later when Kris got home we BBQ'd some yummy dinner and relaxed for most of the rest of the day. Since it was in the middle of the week we had to work the next morning, so no fireworks or late nights for us. The end.



3 comments:
Thank you for inviting us to this little party. It looks kinda hot and bright, but so red, white and blue - and what great company - and a flag to wave. I love these pictures. I've been waiting and waiting to see them!!
It is really fun to look back at those pictures and it was just as fun as it looked. I miss those cute boys. Give them kisses for me.
I love small town parades. I miss them. They, to me, is what the 4th is all about.
Post a Comment