Friday, March 11, 2011

::16::

Wowzers, 16 weeks. I keep saying it, but it does fly by doesn't it?
I'm a little confused about when the baby is technically four months old. Is it at 16 weeks, or is it actually his birth date four months later? Can somebody explain this to me? I need to know because I need to decide when to start feeding this porker some food. And I think that's going to have to happen sooner than later considering he went from sleeping all night to waking up all night in the last month.....

Anyway, the sixteenth week.
20110226-20110226-IMG_3064
Here's our guy, hanging out and taking everything in. He loves to watch stuff go on. Not ofr hours or anything, I mean he's not extra patient or anything, but he does love to watch stuff. Including TV, much to my chagrin. But especially he loves to watch Max. When I took this picture he was watching Max play with his electronics set. I think he's going to have a serious case of hero worship and it's starting now.

And he's an expert smiler. His smiles are getting so amazing. He's got the full body smile thing going on a lot, and just generally the most adorable big grins. Max loves to try to make him smile and feels so triumphant when it happens.
My favorite smiles right now are the ones that I can tease out of him even when he's crying. Like he just can't help it, they just happen.
20110228-20110228-IMG_3077
20110228-20110228-IMG_3076

Sunday morning we were hanging out a little bit before church. Max was watching Fantasia and I was slathering lotion all over Sandy's poor tender skin before I got him dressed.
Well, Sand wanted to watch Fantasia, and he wanted Max to pay attention to him. He was reaching so hard for Max. He kept reaching and reaching and trying to roll that direction, but he just couldn't pull it off. I finally took pity on him and got Max's attention and also moved Sandy a little closer.
20110227-photo
That was exACTly what he was going for.
20110227-photo-1
He was quite content and probably didn't think it could get any better until I rolled him all the way over and suddenly he was on his belly watching TV with his brother. Just like a big boy.
20110227-photo-2
He stayed there for as long as his neck would let him.
It was SO cute.
I love those two boys--have I said that before?

And some bonus photos that I didn't realize belonged to this week:
20110303-20110303-IMG_3083
20110304-20110304-IMG_3086
20110304-20110304-IMG_3085

Keeping me company while I dry my hair:
20110302-photo
And as always, keeping me company at work and not taking very good naps. But it's not every baby that can nap on mom's desk--even if it only is for 10 minutes at a time!
photo

4 comments:

K said...

This is SO terribly sweet. That last shot is a little surprising, actually. He looks so old. A wonderful post, darlin'. Now I've got a serious case of wanting to kiss fat cheeks! (and I'm certainly not talking about yours, dude.)

Katie Gee said...

That last picture is insanely adorable!

Murphy said...

Super cute! I remember when Max was tiny and copying me while I was working. The Ciiiircle of Liiiife!

Kathy said...

such good boys and Sandy is getting so big.