It was at my Aunt Gigi's house. Her family has lived in UT for quite a while, and I hadn't yet had the chance to see their new house. Visits are always so busy. So it was fun to get to go and see the house, and my aunt uncle and cousins.

Gigi.

Cute cousins Alexis and Sydney.

Maggie the dog.
Gigi & Jim's house is fun because there's all sorts of stuff in there that reminds me of my dad's parents. Like their gumball machine. There was a gumball machine at Grandma's house in LA for as long as I can remember. They had a swimming pool, and my dad would bribe us with gumballs if we could do jumps and swimming. The ultimate prize was an ice cream cone covered in gumballs. That was only if we dove off the diving board. I don't think I ever got one.

Gigi's gumball machine is brass, grandmas was red. Different, but as max would say, still very "similar." And very nostalgic to me. So much so that I had to chew a few gumballs. They made my mouth fuzzy.
Dinner was yummy. But the company was the best part.

(my mom and dad--mom doesn't like this photo because she's eating. But I like it!)

(my brother, his wife and baby)

(my cute sister)

(aunt les and cousin clay)
Aunt Leslie made delicious and killer rich cake balls. Not only were they delicious, but they were very aesthetically pleasing too.

It was fun for me just to go around and take pictures of everybody. I can't help it, it's just what I do. And here's my favorite of the evening. It's just so Clay.

A little more of this fun stuff later.



5 comments:
Yeah, I'm not in bed yet 'cause I had to write to kev. But these look great. And I love the view up Clay's nostrils. Really. Right now, I feel kind of like Maggie - and I need to go put my chin to the pillow and get mellow. Love the dinners. Better with you there, though.
Glad you're having fun in UT. And by the way, did you know that Mikhail Bakunin, patchy from The Flame in "Enter 77" is also the name of a Russian philosopher and Anarchist. He was a contemporary of Karl Marx, and argued that "If God exists, it would be necessary to abolish him."
Ummm. that was not Kev. It was me. Masquerading, evidently, as Kev.
I love monthly family dinners. We do them too and the kids look forward to them. If we miss...then the kids get real honory. Honory kids.....not a good thing.
It looks like we were in Utah at the same time. Funny!
Post a Comment